HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a simple markup system used to create hypertext documents that are portable from one platform to another. HTML documents are SGML documents with generic semantics that are appropriate for representing information from a wide range of applications. HTML markup can represent hypertext news, mail, documentation, and hypermedia; menus of options; database query results; simple structured documents with in-lined graphics; and hypertext views of existing bodies of information.HTML has been in use by the World-Wide Web (WWW) global information initiative since 1990.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags
- HTML tags label pieces of content such as “heading”, “paragraph”, “table”, and so on
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags, but use them to render the content of the page
This module you can practice HTML using different Tests and become better Web developer.For reference you can go through chapters.