C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
C is a procedural programming language. It was initially developed by Dennis Ritchie between 1969 and 1973. It was mainly developed as a system programming language to write operating system. The main features of C language include low-level access to memory, simple set of keywords, and clean style, these features make C language suitable for system programming like operating system or compiler development.
- C is a structured programming language with fundamental flow control construction.
- C is simple and versatile language
- Programs written in C are efficient and fast.
- C has only 32 keywords.
- C is highly portable programming language. The programs written for one computer can be run on another with or without any modifications
- C has rich set of operators.
- C permits all data conversions and mixed mode operations
- Dynamic memory allocation(DMA) is possible in C.
- Extensive varieties of data types such as arrays, pointers, structures and unions are available in C.
- C improves by itself. It has several predefine functions.
- C easily manipulates bits, bytes and addresses.
- Recursive function calls for algorithmic approach is possible in C.
- Mainly we are using C language to implement system softwares. These are compilers ,editors, drivers ,databases and operating systems.
- C compiler combines the capability of an assembly level language with the features of high level language. So it is called as middle level language.
This module you can practice C Programming using different Tests and become better C programmer.For reference you can go through chapters.